It’s time to REFLECT…
And It’s safe to say for me, 2016 was “the year of the letting go.”
What was it for you? Have you become more resilient and more productive in your life and business?
I’ll tell you… the more I work on releasing my anger tendencies… the more I am able to produce in a peaceful state. What can you take away from that lesson? Make sure you’re incorporating letting go techniques.
Letting go is powerful.
The Power of Letting Go
You can expect to experience a real transformation as you release the blocks that have kept you from enjoying achievement… and fulfillment in your life. You’ll begin to experience new opportunities and choices.
I know my financial life has changed since I released events and emotions lingering from my past. What will happen is you will start to live and produce in a new place called peace.
And that… is the best way to produce!
So how do you get to this magical place where you can produce in PEACE? I’m going to show you. But first, you may want to check out my blog post, OPTIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS BY RELEASING ANGER, if you haven’t read it yet.
The more you understand why you do what you do… …the better chance of releasing the old patterns that do not serve you. When you can find awareness, you can begin to release the habits, emotions and events that aren’t leading you toward success. Because letting go is a process… it’s beneficial to have some concrete steps you can implement into your life.
And I want you to start the new year off right. I’ve put together a 30 Day Anger Detox. AND following it can assist you to release your anger in practical and tangible ways.
The Thirty-Day Anger Detox
- Practice taking deep breaths during the course of your day.
- Make a conscious decision to eat differently. If you don’t typically eat breakfast, make a commitment to start doing so.
- Learn how to meditate; start with five to ten minutes every morning for the next month.
- When anger rises up in you, let go quickly.
- Pray the serenity prayer each day.
- Give yourself permission to yell into a folded towel as long and as loudly as you want.
- Take a walk.
- Plan your next vacation.
- Smile frequently and notice the effect on your mood.
- Plan your workday; make blocks of time to do what is required.
- Clean and organize your living space/workspace.
- Follow through on your word.
- Take a break from television (the electronic income reducer).
- Forgive someone you’ve been holding a grudge against.
- Write a letter to someone you’ve lost touch with.
- Express gratitude to a family member.
- Read a personal development book for thirty minutes each day.
- Check your email in the morning and in the evening, but turn it off the rest of the day.
- Call someone who could use some encouragement.
- Create a set of affirmations and read them each night before falling asleep.
- Look your best; develop good grooming habits.
- Tackle something you’ve been procrastinating about.
- Journal about past hurts or violations when you were growing up, and then write a paragraph letting them go.
- Take responsibility for the way you feel about a particular situation.
- Replace every negative thought with a positive one during the course of your day.
- Don’t give your power to someone who doesn’t deserve it.
- Stay calm for an entire day.
- Hire a coach.
- Choose to let go of negative feelings instead of expressing them.
- Instead of berating yourself when mistakes occur, gently affirm yourself and move on.
So what does the landscape look like for 2017?
It’s taking deep breaths throughout the course of a day. It’s not eating the foods that you would typically turn to and crave when you are angry. It’s not giving power to people who don’t deserve it. It’s learning how to meditate. It’s letting go quickly. It’s smiling more frequently. It’s waking up with a different type of mindset.
It’s changing your emotional energy.
It’s having dedicated blocks of time to do what you’re committed to doing. It’s following through on your word, one day at a time.
It’s starting something—and finishing it!